Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)


What is the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)?


SNAP benefits, through the United States Department of Agriculture, help eligible low-income people supplement their food budgets so they can purchase food. If you qualify, you will receive an Electronic Bnefit Transfer (EBT) card to help you buy food at authorized SNAP grocery stores and farmers markets. Look for signs that say, "We accept SNAP benefits." Benefits are put on the card each month during the time you are apporoved to receive them. After that, if you still want to qualify for SNAP, you have to apply again to see if you are eligible.


For addition information: Contact Us at (302) 225-1040, or the SNAP Program at 1-800-560-3372.


For Emergency Food Assistance in the State of Delaware, Call 2-1-1.



A picture containing drawing Description automatically generated




SNAP households have been getting extra Emergency Food Benefits at the end of each month since March 2020 as part of the extra assistance provided during the COVID-19 public health emergency. A federal law was passed in December 2022 that ended these Emergency Food Benefits.


Starting March 1, 2023, SNAP households will only receive their regular monthly benefit on the normal issuance date. Households will no longer get extra Emergency Food Benefits on their EBT cards at the end of each month.


**A new SNAP website will go live soon that will include information, tips, and resources to help households prepare fo the end of Emergency Food Benefits.  DE.GOV/SNAPCHANGES OR WWW.DHSS.DELAWARE.GOV/DHSS/DSS


MY PLATE for MY FAMILY - Free cooking demo, prizes, and recipes!

For adults receiving or eligible for food assistance benefits (SNAP, TANF, or WIC) or on Medicaid

Class Schedule:

Session 1: Vegetable and Fruit Solutions

Session 2: MyPlate Family Meals

Session 3: Good and Physical Activity

Session 4: Family Time Active and Fun


LTuesdays March 7, 14, 21, & 28, 2023 -- 10:30 am to 11:30 

Location: Amerihealth Wellness Center - Glendale Plaza Shopping Center, 1142 Pulaski Highway Suite 6A, Bear, DE 19701

For More Info contact: Jaime Sherman ( or Kevin Faison (



If you receive a text message that appears to be from @dhss.delaware.gove containing the message "Customer Department: 1-888-241-0357 # Your Delaware Card is Blocked. #MSG IDDE," you should ignor/delete it. That message was not sent by DHSS.


A new EBT phishing scam notifies cardholders that their SNAP EBT card is locked to get personal information and steal food benefits. If a cardholder receives an email, text, letter, or phone call telling them that their EBT card is locked, they should NOT provide their card number, PIN, or any personal information. This is a scam! Cardholders who believe they have been a victim of EBT fraud should immediately call Delaware EBT Customer Service at 1-800-526-9099 to report their stolen card or information.




For more information contact:
visit or call the Division of Social Services at 1-866-843-7212







NOTE:   In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U. S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origing, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.


Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA throught the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.


To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: How to File a Compaint, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to  USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:


(1)   Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;


(2)   Fax: (202) 690-7442; or


(3)   Email:


This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Print | Sitemap
Delaware Ecumenical Council on Children and Families
240 North James Street, Suite 111 Wilmington, DE 19804 (302) 225-1040 or (855) 613-2110