Helping Children

  • To report child abuse anywhere in Delaware, call the Department of Services for Children, Youth and Their Families: 1-800-292-9582
  • For additional resources, call the Delaware Helpline by dialing: 2-1-1



Helping Elderly

  • To report elder abuse anywhere in Delaware, call The Department of Health and Social Services: 1-800-223-9074
  • To get help for elderly persons being victimized by fraud or other financial exploitation, call the Department of Justice: 302-577-8508 (New Castle County), or 302-739-4211 (Kent/Sussex Counties). 
  • To find befriending and friendly visiting for elderly at risk or in crisis, call the Delaware Ecumenical Council on Children and Families at 302-225-1040, or toll free at 855-613-2110. Also, visit the Faith in Action tab at the top of the page for more information. 

Helping Partners


  • To get help for domestic violence or other intimate partner violence, including emergency shelters and other crisis intervention, call Child, Inc.: 302-762-6110 (New Castle County), or Families in Transition: 302-422-8058 (Kent/Sussex Counties). 
  • To find counseling for persons impacted by domestive violence, call: 
    • Child, Inc: 302-762-8989 (New Castle County)
    • Catholic Charities: 302-655-9624 (New Castle County)
    • Peoples Place II: 302-424-2420 (Kent and Sussex Counties)
    • ALSO: Latin American Community Center: 302-655-7338(New Castle County)
      • La Esperanza: 302-854-9262 (Sussex County)
  • T

Helping Animals

  • To report suspected cruelty to animals, find or report lost animals, and/or report a stray animal(s), please call The Delaware SPCA Humane Law Enforcement Division (HLE): 302-998-2281 (New Castle County), 302-856-6361 (Sussex County). You may also file a complaint online:
    • The Delaware SPCA's HLE Program is not funded by the government. They are a nonprofit organization that relies on donations to provide this life-saving program. Visit this webpage to find out how you can lend your support:
  • For more information about the protection of animals, visit The Humane Society of the United States:

Contact Us


Delaware Ecumenical Council on Children and Families
2629 W. 19th Street
Wilmington, DE 19806


Phone: (302) 225-1040, or (302) 650-8631

Toll Free: (855) 613-2110

Fax: (302) 225-1041



"Like" us on Facebook


Or use our contact form.


Please help us continue our program services to Delaware children, elderly and families:

  • Please select agency 9374 on your United Way contribution.
  • Delaware State employees can support us through the State Employees Charitable Campaign (SECC).
  • You can also help by sending a donation directly to DECCF, 240 N. James Street, Suite 111, Wilmington, DE 19804. All gifts are tax deductible


Do you want to get involved?

  • Can you give someone a ride to the doctor's office?
  • Can you take someone along with you when you go to the store?
  • Visit a lonely person once a week?
  • Call someone on the phone so they don't feel alone?

Call the Faith in Action (302) 225-1040



Latest News

Print | Sitemap
Delaware Ecumenical Council on Children and Families
240 North James Street, Suite 111 Wilmington, DE 19804 (302) 225-1040 or (855) 613-2110