- The Delaware Ecumenical Council on Children and Families is a faith-based health advocacy, education and services organization.
- We engage, support and assist congregations, groups and individuals of the faith communities in meaningful programs to improve the health, safety and wellness of Delaware children, elderly and families.
- The organization pursues this mission through community education and leadership development; program services to individuals, families and communities; and community organization. These activities are intended to reduce the incidence and the impact of dysfunction, disease and disability as they affect children, elderly and families.
The Council began in 1988 as the Delaware Ecumenical Council on Maternal and Infant Health, the locus and catalyst for Delaware's participation in the Southern Regional Project on Infant Mortality.
The Delaware Council was the first such organization in the region.
Since then, the Council has provided quality training to religious leaders and their congregations on health-related issues from infant mortality prevention to genetics counseling. Beyond training, the Council has linked congregations with health and human services organizations throughout Delaware for collaborative programs which provide effective and efficient preventive, early intervention and therapeutic approaches to family, elderly and children's health.
The Delaware Ecumenical Council on Children and Families has received funding from the following:
- The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Delaware Health and Social Services
- Delaware Children's Trust Fund
- Delaware Commission on Community and Volunteer Service
- Delaware Criminal Justice Council
- Delaware Developmental Disabilities Planning Council
- Delaware Health Care Commission
- Delaware Health Fund
- The Delaware General Assembly
- The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- The American Legacy Foundation
- The United Way of Delaware
- The State Employees Charitable Campaign
- National and local church agencies, local foundations, and local goverment and local congregations.
Delaware Ecumenical Council on Children and Families
240 N James St
Wilmington, DE 19804
Phone: 302 2251040
Toll Free: 855 6132110
Fax: 302 2251041
"Like" us on Facebook
Or use our contact form.
Please help us continue our program services to Delaware children, elderly and families:
- Please select agency 9374 on your United Way contribution.
- Delaware State employees can support us through the State Employees Charitable Campaign (SECC).
- You can also help by sending a donation directly to DECCF, 240 N. James Street, Suite 111, Wilmington, DE 19804. All gifts are tax deductible
Do you want to get involved?
- Can you give someone a ride to the doctor's office?
- Can you take someone along with you when you go to the store?
- Visit a lonely person once a week?
- Call someone on the phone so they don't feel alone?
Call the Faith in Action coordination in your area or
VISIT OUR VOLUNTEER PAGE FOR THE VOLUNTEER FORM,
TO BE RETURNED TO OUR CONTACT ADDRESS BELOW.