GOOD HEALTH IS A BLESSING AND A RESPONSIBILITY
The Diabetes Prevention Program is desgned to help you live longer and healthier.
Type 2 diabetes is a serious disease that's affecting Medicare beneficiaries at an alarming rate. It can lead to heart attack, stroke, blindness and even amputation. But it can often be prevented or delayed.
Programs like the YMCA's Diabetes Prevention Program have been shown to reduce the number of new cases of type 2 diabetes by 71% for adults age 60 or older. This lifestyle intervention was shown to be significantly more effective than the drug metformin.
If you have Medicare, this program is available at NO COST to you.
- 16 weekly sessions, then 8 monthly sessions
- A lifestyle coach to help guide you
- A relaxed, supportive group setting to help motivate you
- Sessions that focus on healthy eating, physical activity and stress management
- A free workbook and tools to help you stay on track
Contact the YMCA'S Healthy Living Department at 302-572-9622 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Delaware Ecumenical Council on Children and Families
240 N James St
Wilmington, DE 19804
Phone: 302 2251040
Toll Free: 855 6132110
Fax: 302 2251041
"Like" us on Facebook
Or use our contact form.
Please help us continue our program services to Delaware children, elderly and families:
- Please select agency 9374 on your United Way contribution.
- Delaware State employees can support us through the State Employees Charitable Campaign (SECC).
- You can also help by sending a donation directly to DECCF, 240 N. James Street, Suite 111, Wilmington, DE 19804. All gifts are tax deductible
Do you want to get involved?
- Can you give someone a ride to the doctor's office?
- Can you take someone along with you when you go to the store?
- Visit a lonely person once a week?
- Call someone on the phone so they don't feel alone?
Call the Faith in Action coordination in your area or
VISIT OUR VOLUNTEER PAGE FOR THE VOLUNTEER FORM,
TO BE RETURNED TO OUR CONTACT ADDRESS BELOW.