Community Health Outreach Workers
Helping pregnant women and families connect with health care and other services
Community Health Outreach Workers are local residents who work within their communities.
- Use knowledge of local resources to provide insights into their neighborhood's health and social issues.
- Promote healthy living
- Help communities' residents access and learn about needed health and social services
- Recruited and trained by the Delaware Ecumenical Council on Children and Families
What would I be doing as a Community Health Outreach Worker?
- Helping pregnant women and their families find needed services
- Referring individuals or families to needed services
- Sharing health information within your church or community using materials provided by DECCF
- Referring clients with more complex needs to our Program Coordinator who can help them manage their care
- All volunteers will adapt their roles as they respond to the specific needs and interests of their church or community
Your Caring will Make a Difference!
Call or Email
- You want to become a volunteer outreach worker
- Your group or church would like to have a presentation
- You would like to make a contribution
- You would like to give out pamphlets at your church or workplace
- You know someone who might need some help
Delaware Ecumenical Council on Children and Families
240 N James St
Wilmington, DE 19804
Phone: 302 2251040
Toll Free: 855 6132110
Fax: 302 2251041
"Like" us on Facebook
Or use our contact form.
Please help us continue our program services to Delaware children, elderly and families:
- Please select agency 9374 on your United Way contribution.
- Delaware State employees can support us through the State Employees Charitable Campaign (SECC).
- You can also help by sending a donation directly to DECCF, 240 N. James Street, Suite 111, Wilmington, DE 19804. All gifts are tax deductible
Do you want to get involved?
- Can you give someone a ride to the doctor's office?
- Can you take someone along with you when you go to the store?
- Visit a lonely person once a week?
- Call someone on the phone so they don't feel alone?
Call the Faith in Action coordination in your area or
VISIT OUR VOLUNTEER PAGE FOR THE VOLUNTEER FORM,
TO BE RETURNED TO OUR CONTACT ADDRESS BELOW.